L’OCCITANE 2016 ADVENT CALENDAR FACEBOOK SWEEPSTAKESOfficial Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS, EXCLUDING QUEBEC.
1. Sponsor. L’OCCITANE CANADA INC., 89-2700 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6B 4J3 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information and entry to Sponsor and not to or Facebook. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this Sweepstakes to Sponsor.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Period and Timing. The L’OCCITANE 2016 Advent Calendar FACEBOOK Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on November 23rd, 2016 at 11:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 27th, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entrants are responsible for determining the correct beginning and ending times of the Sweepstakes Period in their respective time zones. Sponsor is not responsible for late or misdirected entries.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to (i) legal residents of Canada (residents of QUEBEC are expressly excluded from participation in the Sweepstakes); (ii) who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence and are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and each of their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer, or director are not eligible. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN QUEBEC AND OUTSIDE OF CANADA. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
All entries must meet the “Entry Requirements” described in Section 5 below. All Entry Comments must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may not receive or include as eligible any entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth herein, and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry or for entrants’ failure to follow the entry requirements. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of uploading or submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery, receipt or entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per Facebook account. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account submitted at the time of entry. Entrants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the selected entry. Violation of these rules or the use of multiple Facebook accounts by the same person may disqualify entrant from the Sweepstakes. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Mobile Disclosure. By using your wireless mobile device in connection with the Sweepstakes, depending on your phone’s capabilities, standard text messaging rates or data charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes
7. Judging. Each Eligible Entry will be judged by Sponsor and/or a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”) on or about November 28th, 2016 by pooling the Eligible Entries and randomly selecting one (1) potentially winning entry. Judges will choose based on random selection. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Prize. Up to ONE (1) Winner: The Winner will be entitled to receive THREE (3) L’OCCITANE 2016 Holiday Advent Calendars, which they can give away to their friend(s). Each L’OCCITANE 2016 Advent Calendar consists of a box with 24 days of beauty products (“Prize”), listed as follows:
- Aromachologie Relaxing Shower Gel 1.18 fl. oz.
- Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo 1.18. fl. oz.
- Shea Butter Body Lotion 1 oz.
- Shea Ultra Rich Face Cream 0.33 oz.
- Almond Delicious Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
- Peony Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
- Shea Butter Shower Gel 1 oz.
- Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion 1.18 oz.
- Verbena Shower Gel 1 oz.
- Rose et Reines Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
- Almond Shower Oil 1.18 fl. oz.
- The Vert & Bigarade Shower Gel 1 oz.
- Verbena Fresh Toilette
- Jasmin & Bergamote Shower Gel 1 oz.
- Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 1.18 fl. oz.
- Shea Butter Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
- Verbena Leaf Soap .88 oz.
- Cherry Blossom Mini EDT 0.25 fl. oz.
- Verbena Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
- Immortelle Essential Water 1 fl. oz.
- Shea Butter Cleansing Water 1 fl. oz.
- Almond Delicious Soap 1.76 oz.
- Almond Milk Concentrate 0.67 oz.
- Shea Butter Foot Cream 0.33 oz.
Total retail value of the Prize is approximately $351. L’Occitane reserves the right to alter or substitute the Prize in its sole discretion, and, in that event, will provide a substitute of equal or greater retail value than the substituted Prize.
9. Prize Notification. Sponsor will notify the potential winner via a reply to the Entry Comment on Facebook in which the potential winner will be asked to send a private message to the Sponsor with his/her name and email address within twenty-four (24) hours. Once provided, Sponsor will contact the potential winner by email, and the potential winner will be required to provide within seventy-two (72) hours via return email his or her mailing address, satisfactory proof of potential winner’s full name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, and ownership or control over the Facebook account that posted the winning submission. The potential winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and where permitted by law, may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity and liability release (“Prize Documents”) granting Sponsor the right to use the entry, the winner’s name, likeness, voice, and city and state of residence, and may be asked to demonstrate control of the Account. The potential winner must email Sponsor at the specified email address within seven (7) business days after Sponsor posts the comment notification on the potential winner’s entry, at which time such potential winner will be provided with the Prize Documents. Failure to respond to a comment notification within seven (7) business days may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate potential winner being selected. If a prize notification or Prize Documents are returned as undeliverable for any reason, or if no response is received from the potential winner, the Prize may be forfeited, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner, time permitting and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, with whom Sponsor will follow the same process. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for the potential winner not receiving Facebook notifications or emails in the event emails are not received or are diverted by “spam” or “junk” filters. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
10. Note about Facebook. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Facebook service that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Facebook for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to enter in a timely manner, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Facebook, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes.
11. Entrant Conduct. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, provincial, and local laws/regulations. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Indemnity. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant shall indemnify Sponsor at all times from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any entry or other material submitted by the entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person; (ii) any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (iii) any non-compliance by the entrant with these Official Rules.
13. Limitation of Liability. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for the following: (i) telephone, computer, or technical malfunctions that may occur; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (iii) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including because of, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, with or without notice.
15. Disputes. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the Province of Ontario and will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
16. Winner’s List. For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Facebook Sweepstakes, c/o L’OCCITANE., L’OCCITANE INC., 89-2700 Dufferin St, Toronto, ON M6B 4J3. Requests must be received by December 31st, 2016.